Thursday, May 13, 2010

Uplifting Talk About Black Love

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about the low rate of marriage or suitable mates for single Black heterosexual women. I'm not saying I don't agree with the issues that women have talked about in news articles, I'm just saying that I am TIRED of all the negativity.

Who made Steve Harvey, a comedian, the savior of single Black women?

I'm not going to dwell on the negativity, but I wanted to share something I found on one of my favorite blogs to read, Black Girl with Long Hair. (<---- check that link for the contest post.) There was a contest where couples could post a picture (only prerequisite was that one part of the couple had to be a Black women with natural hair) and let me tell you that the outpouring of love was phenomenal. I submitted a picture of Mr. J and I, not to win the contest (I didn't) but because I thought it was a beautiful feature.

Because so many people responded, there is now a tumblr site called Black Love Poster dedicated to showcasing Black love. And it's not restricted to heterosexual and both partners being Black. As long as there's a female who is natural, you can submit pictures (sorry to all the permies!)

Please submit. It's great to feel loved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A comedian with a few failed marriages under his belt doesn't strike me as a relationship expert. Honestly all the forums, conferences, discussions, etc, everywhere from BET to ABC simply aren't a true reflection of my experiences and those of my Black female friends and relatives. Kudos to you and the other sites out there for proving that Black Love is alive and well.


Signed Miss Dee