Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Awkward (RSVP)

Someone RSVP'd plus 3.

Um.

Um.

Is this a joke?

Thankfully, we've had a few people ask if they could bring guests first. Asking is good. Kudos to the askers.

But seriously.

We'd love to have everyone come and celebrate our love but unfortunately paying for a wedding & reception is expensive, and even though our wedding is way below the average cost of a New York wedding--it's still a lot of money to us. I know it's going to be a great day for everyone who attends, but I think it would be nice if people would ask first.

We also had someone RSVP for the wrong date. Haha, poor grandma needs to get a new pair of glasses.

I have to say that the invite list and the RSVP are my least favorite parts of this entire process. Not including people doesn't mean that they aren't important to me--but we had to make sure to invite our families (and I have a very large one) and our closest friends and to do this within our budget. If I had all the money in the world the guest list wouldn't be an issue--but I don't.

So Mr. J will be handling this latest RSVP issue (and I should call my grandmother to tell her the correct wedding date).

No comments: