Thursday, May 7, 2009

Invitations are out!



Hooray! We got our invites out before the increase in stamps. The increase wouldn't make that much of a difference in our budget, but saving money is saving money. A couple of issues came up with the invitations:
  • We printed them ourselves. Letterpress would have been much better for our invites because the ink would have stayed on the paper better. Ours didn't--don't worry everyone got invites they can read, haha--we just had to be really careful when making them so as not to rub the ink off. They still look cute, not awesome, but cute. I have pictures but I have to figure out to put a little black bar over our contact information. Once I figure that out, I will post them.
  • Sealing our envelopes was a little weird. I didn't want to lick them all, but I tried the sponge method and it practically wiped off the adhesive. So, licking it was. I left a Facebook comment to all my friends saying I hope I don't die like Susan, George Costanza's fiancee who died from licking her invitation envelopes. Classic Seinfeld. We worked it out.
  • We wrote the addresses out with a silver glitter pen. So, some of the envelopes got a little smudged. I even smudged the President's envelope a little.
And you know what? I don't even care. I'm just so excited that they are finally done and in the mail! It's all coming together. Hooray!

2 comments:

brooklynsoul said...

Yay! Can't wait to get it. I hope you and Mr. J both have eyes on mine...

futuremrsj said...

HAHAHA. I had to stop him from inspecting invitations before he sent them out--he said he wanted to make sure he had eyes--I said it's too late now!